Toronto fossil hunt weekend of 8/23/19

Al Tahan

Hello fine fossil folks,

I will be in Toronto this weekend (Friday night, Saturday night, leave Sunday) with my wife Visiting her aunts, uncles and cousins for a baby shower. Now that we are married they are my family too!! We go to Toronto pretty often now so I figured I’d better get used to some of the local geology/paleontology. 

Ive seen a few people post some nice Toronto trips. Anyone interested in getting out in the field this weekend? I don’t know when but I imagine my wife will tell me I can get lost for a few hours fossil hunting if I ask nicely :D.

Hope to hear back! I’ll keep this thread going and add to it should I get out there collecting and decide to post the trip. 

Al

• I found this Informative 1

I am not able to get out in the field this weekend as I am dog sitting but if you are driving past my place you are welcome to pop in for a beverage and see my fossil hodgepodge...... PM me if you want the address. I am just off the 401 if you are driving back towards Niagara falls or Buffalo

• I found this Informative 1

Your family could sit out by the pool, go for swim etc... while you look at nerdy fossils

Hey Al! @Al Tahan

My husband is busy going to Fan Expo with a his friend's kids (who are now teenagers - how time flies!) tomorrow (Saturday), so I'd be free to show you my local haunts if you like.  The kids would be with me - Viola is interested in fossils so she'd be up for the trip out while William isn't at all interested in fossils but he would probably be happy enough to throw rocks, branches, etc. into the creeks.  They have skating lessons in the morning but we'd be free in the afternoon if you're interested.  PM me if you're interested...

Monica

PS - Malcolm's @Malcolmt fossil stash is very impressive, by the way - if you end up dropping by his place you won't be disappointed - it's like going to a museum dedicated to Paleozoic invertebrates!