Huntonia

I recently purchased a lot of trilobites with 2 of the trilobites in mind. Also included in the lot was this which I believe is the ventral side of a morroccan lichid. My first thought was Ceratarges but it's missing the outer pygidial spines. If anyone has any idea what species this trilobite is I'd appreciate the input. Unfortunately the specimen appears to be quite distorted so identification may not be easy. 

20190824_150703.jpg

I would say this is not a lichid, but a phacopid; a cheirurid like Ceraurus (but not that genus).

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

The classic cheirurine hypostome is evident on this one.  Instead of Morocco it looks like a North American species.

• I found this Informative 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

I see. Thanks for the input. I like to think I'm decently good at identifying trilobites but I don't think I ever would have figured this one out. Is it possible to narrow it down to a species or should I mark this one down as unidentified cheirurid.

Thanks. The preservation is kinda poor but this is my first trilobite with a preserved hypostome, making it a nice addition to my collection. :) :trilowalk: