Ratsbaby

Hi, this fossil i believe was found on Mt. Snowden in Wales, it may be a long shot to identify since its not very unique looking, but worth a shot

Definitely some kind of vertebrae, there is another on the other side of the stone that I will attach in the replies, however that one seems to be a deep indent rather than sticking out like the big one, so if anyone could shed some light on that i would be grateful.

Thanks!

20190826_113628.jpg

Here's the pic of the other side, it looks deep so i'm very confused

Also forgot to mention that the size of the rock is about 5cm long

20190826_113649.jpg

Looks like sedimentary rock either a concretion or tumbled/water worn rock with a mollusc fossil inside. Looks like the shell is missing partially leaving an external mold.

Edit: hard to tell from the photos, but could be more than one shell? Looks like a snail (gastropod) in the broken end (photo 1) and external mold of a bivalve in the other.

I believe that your first theory may be right, its hard to get a photo but the part that sticks out and the indent/mold line up almost perfectly, so its possible that the shell wore away and left the imprint 

20190826_125652.jpg

So perhaps the same shell. Photo 2 looks like a mollusc, two sides (valves) perhaps not weathered but open as the sell looks like it is still there.

@Doctor Mud thats what i was thinking

It definitely seems to be the same shell, as in the imprint i can see the lining of the shell on part of it, i think if i cracked it open i would definitely be able to tell for sure, but I'd prefer to keep it all intact lol, thanks!

Nice! Yes you can see that the rock "wants" to split above the shell, but splitting rocks can be like blackjack, except you are doing the hitting and the fossil can go bust <_<