On 9/1/2019 at 2:04 PM, Kane said:

The scenery is quite breathtaking. One day I really got to get down there. Going out on a hunt with PFOOLEY in the Puerco Valley is high on my bucket list! 

Thanks Kane for your appreciation. Yes, a day long hunt with PFOOLEY in the Puerco is, until experienced, to be longed for. 

On 9/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, Ludwigia said:

Looks like you had fun. Mike is a very generous fella as witnessed by the auction of which he's on the doorstep of winning.

I definitely attest to Mike's generosity. 

On 9/2/2019 at 8:42 AM, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Mike is indeed quite generous with his finds, I can assure you of that.  Adventurous too.  As much fun as the collecting was the winter camping we did out there last Jan. Good times!

Hi Dan. I'm glad this trip report ignited memories of your own wonderful adventure collecting with Mike. 

• I found this Informative 1

On 9/1/2019 at 7:36 PM, GordonC said:

Wonderful  vacation report, great photos, thanks Jeff.  Next time we can trade diamondback stories.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon. Love to hear your diamondback stories. 

On 9/1/2019 at 5:37 PM, FossilNerd said:

Looks like you had a nice trip and were in good company! I have a bad (or good... :zzzzscratchchin:) habit of bringing large fossils home. I’m sure the Coilopoceras  was way to heavy to move very far,  but I can just see me trying to drag that sucker out of there. Lol 

Thanks Wayne. That Coilopoceras is probably still there waiting for you. 

Great report!

On 9/1/2019 at 5:28 PM, Jeffrey P said:

I also found a partial mayfly nymph but unfortunately misplaced it. 

And thanks for sharing your missteps. It gives me comfort to hear when others make mistakes when collecting, transporting, prepping, and curating fossils :) I am a little hard on myself when I make mistakes with objects that have survived for 50 million years, only to be broken or damaged or lost by me.