Gender Bias In Fossil Collections

Scylla

No need for research, a vast store of phenomenological data strongly supports the concept that the female of the species far outstrips the loutish male in display of sound judgement. :)

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

26 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

No need for research, a vast store of phenomenological data strongly supports the concept that the female of the species far outstrips the loutish male in display of sound judgement. :)

So says Mrs. Snolly! :heartylaugh:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

39 minutes ago, caldigger said:

So says Mrs. Snolly! :heartylaugh:

And Mrs Caldigger, Mrs Scylla, Mrs Minnbuckeye, and Mr  Minnbuckeye!!!!!!!!.

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

So says Mrs. Snolly! 

Actually the snollywife has displayed at least one demonstrable, major lapse in judgement. She married snolly. 

• I found this Informative 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

4 hours ago, Scylla said:

I once heard a paleontologist say that hominid fossils in caves were mostly adolescent males because adolescent males were more likely to get lost and die in caves. But this study extends to other mammals too.

https://m.phys.org/news/2019-09-male-female-mammalian-fossils-museum.html

Everyone knows males are more likely to get lost because they won't ask for directions.

• Enjoyed 1

3 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

Everyone knows males are more likely to get lost because they won't ask for directions.

Even though I am sure the vast majority of Cartographers have traditionally been men, we still don't know where we are going.

That's why women were created, so we can get somewhere. ;)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 9/3/2019 at 5:59 PM, caldigger said:

Even though I am sure the vast majority of Cartographers have traditionally been men, we still don't know where we are going.

That's why women were created, so we can get somewhere. ;)

That's why my wife is always telling me where I can go?