Teeth and mandibles-Bos or Bison?

ethos23

Found a tooth walking along the gravel/sandbars of a creek in central Iowa (Des Moines lobe) and came across the tooth on the right. I was surprised to find both these jaws about 1,000 ft apart and a mile downstream. I assumed they were the source, but looks like the loose tooth may be an upper (it's larger) and both these jaws seem to be full. The teeth don't seem to match up symmetrically either, making me think it might be different individuals. Modern and ancient bison remains are pretty commonly found here (the former being extirpated ~100 years ago), but I figure cows are just common enough to confound things. They seem to have the stylids I read about, but I can't tell if they are strong/prominent enough to be Bison. Any help would be appreciated!

RWYNqG2.jpg

7w40JCd.jpg

9GMdDGo.jpg

Really, cow vs. bison is a discrimination best made locally.  Both jaws appear to be adult, and I get the impression of cow.  The loose tooth in the third image is upside down.  It is an unerupted upper bovid tooth,  unrelated to the jaws based on age of the individuals.

cow_lowers_A.JPG.618cac333bd38466e0958b74cb57e14c.JPGcow_m3.jpg.270a392cee9fcd70b9ff2a5d4f1ee212.jpg

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest