What is it (Ukraine)?

Kolya

Agreed that the cross section photo does seem to indicate an enameled surface. I'm assuming this is another specimen from the area where you are unsure of the geologic age so that won't be of much help other than to exclude really old species (e.g. Permian). Assuming those a millimeter marks on your ruler so this tooth is around 5-6 mm (~1/5 inch). Too rounded (and untextured) for any of the shark teeth that I'm familiar with but I would lean toward some sort of (bony) fish tooth. I'm not familiar with the locality or any teeth that match this. Lets see if anybody recognizes this tooth.

Cheers.

-Ken

2 hours ago, digit said:

Agreed that the cross section photo does seem to indicate an enameled surface. I'm assuming this is another specimen from the area where you are unsure of the geologic age so that won't be of much help other than to exclude really old species (e.g. Permian). Assuming those a millimeter marks on your ruler so this tooth is around 5-6 mm (~1/5 inch). Too rounded (and untextured) for any of the shark teeth that I'm familiar with but I would lean toward some sort of (bony) fish tooth. I'm not familiar with the locality or any teeth that match this. Lets see if anybody recognizes this tooth.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thanks a lot, Ken!
Yes, You are right it is fossil from the same place. But tody my friend told me that practically impossible to find fossil from paleogene in my region. So most probably Cretaceus or Neogene.

And could it be crocodile tooth?

45 minutes ago, Kolya said:

And could it be crocodile tooth?

I am more familiar with alligator teeth than crocodile from South Florida (but we do rarely see crocs). From what I know about these types of teeth is that gator teeth have two carinae (raised ridges) from the tip down to the base of the tooth that are opposite each other and resemble mold seams from a pressure molded manufactured item. Croc teeth have many more carinae and are thus more striated. Your tooth is rather worn and polished so any carinae may be long since erased but croc/gator teeth also tend to have very conical roots which your tooth is not displaying. Do a quick internet image search for "fossil crocodile tooth" and you'll quickly turn up examples that show this conically hollow root.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

23 minutes ago, digit said:

I am more familiar with alligator teeth than crocodile from South Florida (but we do rarely see crocs). From what I know about these types of teeth is that gator teeth have two carinae (raised ridges) from the tip down to the base of the tooth that are opposite each other and resemble mold seams from a pressure molded manufactured item. Croc teeth have many more carinae and are thus more striated. Your tooth is rather worn and polished so any carinae may be long since erased but croc/gator teeth also tend to have very conical roots which your tooth is not displaying. Do a quick internet image search for "fossil crocodile tooth" and you'll quickly turn up examples that show this conically hollow root.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thank You very much once more, Ken!