What Are These Ammonites?

Utera

I'm currently trying to identify the genus of some of my ammonite fossils? I believe the two small specimens are Hildoceras and Gonaitite and the large specimen is of the genus Cleoniceras. But I do not know for sure. Can someone confirm or correct me on this?

IMG_2758-vert.jpg 

5d7f81c617dd7_CopyofIMG_2756.thumb.JPG.ea1eaa260311ab237386321d36465934.jpg

You are likely correct on the Cleoniceras.

The other two look like they have been ground down on the sides, making ID rather painfully difficult. Can you take come closer focused pictures of them?

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I don't have a camera, I only use my phone for these photos. I tried just now, but they aren't focusing so I probably can't get any better pictures. I apologize.

Man are those things in bad shape. It's not just the photos. I believe I can recognize a goniatite on the left, but the one on the right is ground down to unrecognizeable, so you can forget about an id on that one. At least I can confirm the Cleoniceras.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

But just out of curiosity, do you think that the Cleoniceras specimen is C. cleon or C. besairiei?

Edited by Utera

4 hours ago, Utera said:

But just out of curiosity, do you think that the Cleoniceras specimen is C. cleon or C. besairiei?

No chance there, since the diagnostic sculpture has been sanded and polished away. Never heard of C.cleon anyway.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/