Would greatly appreciate a answer to a question.

Sunshinegarland38

If any one can or would answer a question for me. I am just curious if these trace fossils are of any value?. I will be honest this is something precious to me and my younger brother that found it. It's going to be in our family for many generations to come. This is special and priceless for many reading.  The first being we found it on our family property that's been our family for generation. It was located at the very creek our 15 siblings and us have played in and spent all of our Sumner day's in since we was bigg enough to sit in water. This is a special place for our family.  My father played their as a child. My grandfather's and his father played there as well. So I can't explain how much that piece of stone, rock what ever else it is means to us. If any one could help i would appreciate  greatly.  I am not asking for any figure or any thing of that nature.  I just want to know if has value aside from the value we god for it. 

Depends. Some trace fossils have value. But it probably has more sentimental value to you then any dollar value you could put on it.

Scientifically speaking trace fossils are quite valuable. They show us evidence left by a live animal. It's more than can be gathered from body fossils.

Economically speaking, the average collector is more likely to have a seriously negative cash flow at the hobby though.

It sounds like it is important  to you for a start. Why not show some photos of it and then the members probably could help with understanding its value scientifically speaking . If it is of great interest you should donate it to a museum and then in the future your family name will be remembered  by museums visitors and the scientific will benefit greatly form you brothers discovery and truly giving it a measurable value. 

14 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

It's hard to have an opinion on this without a photo of the object in question. Are you talking about the Asterosoma? If so, than it sure is something special.

I am sorry i didn't realize I had not added one. 

received_521352118627883.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

18 hours ago, Sunshinegarland38 said:

If any one can or would answer a question for me. I am just curious if these trace fossils are of any value?. I will be honest this is something precious to me and my younger brother that found it. It's going to be in our family for many generations to come. This is special and priceless for many reading.  The first being we found it on our family property that's been our family for generation. It was located at the very creek our 15 siblings and us have played in and spent all of our Sumner day's in since we was bigg enough to sit in water. This is a special place for our family.  My father played their as a child. My grandfather's and his father played there as well. So I can't explain how much that piece of stone, rock what ever else it is means to us. If any one could help i would appreciate  greatly.  I am not asking for any figure or any thing of that nature.  I just want to know if has value aside from the value we got for it. 

received_2392559677651771.jpeg

14 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

It's hard to have an opinion on this without a photo of the object in question. Are you talking about the Asterosoma? If so, than it sure is something special.

received_2392559677651771.jpeg