Lizard embryo?

scubarat

Welcome to the forum. :) 

This seems to be more of a geologic piece with differential weathering and no biological origin (no apparent bones, bone texture, morphology, etc.). Soft parts of vertebrates only fossilize in extremely rare and specific circumstances.

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

3 hours ago, scubarat said:

Thanks.  It looked like this image to me.

2A94D43600000578-3163687-Scientists_believe_the_embryos_were_well_developed_and_close_to_-a-11_1437051663490.jpg

I see where you may get this idea from the first picture, but it is purely coincidental. As Kane stated there is no diagnostic details in the piece that would point to it as being anything other than geological.

7FFB5AFA-9C30-4964-A576-A906863F9995.jpeg.ee1da35d66f2c45d53cc6a68df07d36f.jpeg

The human brain is a marvelous thing! It is hardwired to recognize certain shapes and features. Especially faces. Sometimes the brain takes vague features and says “Hey that looks like _____!” Sort of like seeing bunnies in the clouds or a face in the moon. It’s called Pareidolia. That seems to be the case here. One gets the sense from the first pic that there may be a skull peeking out of the rock, but when looking at the details, one realizes that it’s just a rock that has a vague appearance to a face.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

• I found this Informative 4

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Thanks for the input.  Thought I may have had something.

My son is more of the fossil guy, I just like picking up interesting rocks, bones and arrowheads.

1 hour ago, scubarat said:

Thanks for the input.  Thought I may have had something.

My son is more of the fossil guy, I just like picking up interesting rocks, bones and arrowheads.

No worries! Glad to help! I’ve been known to pick up an interesting rock or two myself when out hunting for fossils. :) 

Keep your eyes peeled while you are out hunting rocks, bones, and points. You are bound to find a fossil eventually! We are mainly fossil focused here, but we also have a “rocks and minerals” sub forum and one called “artifacts and relics” that you may find interesting. ;) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)