Kimberly RM

There are a few possibilities. It would be helpful to have more information about where they were found.

• I found this Informative 2

These don't appear to be fossils, per se; they are pieces of limestone matrix with erosional features typical of rocks in the Glen Rose area.

• I found this Informative 6

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

There's probably a dozen or more ways they could have been created, either by animals or geological forces. Much more common than one would imagine. If I had collected every rock I've seen in my 68 years of life I would have to sleep outside because the house would be completely filled with rocks. And I'm not kidding. I've been a rock freak since I was 7 or so, and have literally seen that many.

• I found this Informative 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

These don't appear to be fossils, per se; they are pieces of limestone matrix with erosional features typical of rocks in the Glen Rose area.

Thank 8921B03A-96D2-4E27-86DA-48FD76EDB594.thumb.jpeg.f7f65deae0fa9267822c3b8396b6b95b.jpeg this is the other side to the holy rock and it has what appears to be a fossil ??!does that make it a fossil, Or is it just a rock with a fossil in it? 

8 hours ago, Rockwood said:

There are a few possibilities. It would be helpful to have more information about where they were found.

Everything I post is from the Glen Rose area. I have not been fortunate enough to leave my home to hunt for fossils and bones yet LOL 

20 minutes ago, Kimberly RM said:

Thank  this is the other side to the holy rock and it has what appears to be a fossil ??!does that make it a fossil, Or is it just a rock with a fossil in it? 

If the hole truly spirals through the rock, then it may be where a gastropod has weathered out of the rock.  

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

50 minutes ago, Kimberly RM said:

Everything I post is from the Glen Rose area. I have not been fortunate enough to leave my home to hunt for fossils and bones yet LOL 

While this may be apparent to others who have read some of your other posts, it is not always apparent to people who are unfamiliar with your posts.

It is ALWAYS a good idea to mention/state the location in the body of the first post of any/every ID topic.   :) 

Many people post fossils found on vacation, or found elsewhere years ago, ... the possibilities are endless. ;)

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Pothole: a unique geomorphological feature from the bedrocks of Ghaghghar River, Son valley, India
Kanhaiya S., Singh S., Singh C. K. & Srivastava V. K.
To cite this article: Kanhaiya S., Singh S., Singh C. K. & Srivastava V. K. (2019) Pothole: a unique
geomorphological feature from the bedrocks of Ghaghghar River, Son valley,

Ecology, and Landscapes, 3:4, 258-268, DOI: 10.1080/24749508.2018.1558018

Pothole a unique geomorphological feature from the bedrocks of Ghaghghar River Son valley India.pdf

6 hours ago, Kimberly RM said:

Very true !! I must work on remembering this

Also when adding the location info into the tags anyone searching the forum for the same location will come across yours. Remember lots of members and guests can also learn from your ID posts. 

3 hours ago, doushantuo said:

Pothole

I had noticed the resemblance in general form. It's hard to imagine a circumstance where the current would be sustained to this depth in a hole of that diameter though.

If it were the case there should be abundant evidence of it in the area.

I don't remember explicitly stating that "pothole" was an explanation for the phenomenon we're dealing with here

47 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Also when adding the location info into the tags anyone searching the forum for the same location will come across yours. Remember lots of members and guests can also learn from your ID posts. 

So I SHOULD put Glen Rose in a tag???

33 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

I don't remember explicitly stating that "pothole" was an explanation for the phenomenon we're dealing with here

It was taken from context. :)

6 minutes ago, Kimberly RM said:

So I SHOULD put Glen Rose in a tag???

I always add the location in the tag and in the question I am asking. :dinothumb:

All right, Bobby, putting the provenance or the age in the tags should not exempt them from being in the text ;) :default_clap2:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

38 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I always add the location in the tag and in the question I am asking. :dinothumb:

38 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

:default_clap2: