Just some Cretaceous New Jersey stuff!

jonnyquest

Some stuff I've found through the years at some New Jersey Cretaceous Brooks.  You just never know what you'll find. That's what keeps me going there. And the peace and quiet.

I hope you all enjoy a little eye candy.  And I'd love any opinions and ID's since I still don't know what some of these fossils are. Just shout out about anything you  find interesting.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191011192927631_COVER.jpg

Awesome range of colors, and variety of finds!

Well done, sir. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Beautiful eye-candy.  Thanks for sharing.:P

In the last photo, at the 11:00 position there are two curved (rodent?) teeth(?).  Do you know what they are from?

Lots of nice stuff there. I am most interested in that toe bone. It could possibly be from a Dino. They have been found there in the past.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Great stash! I especially like the coprolites and the pristine teeth. But that phalanx is definitely worth bringing to the NJSM.

In the first image you have two teeth that are very neat. The one in blue is a symphyseal Archaeolamna kopingensis and the one in red is a pathological A. kopingensis.

CFE328BE-653F-4087-A29A-FA062893B293.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Lots of stuff for sure!  Maybe I should have moved out to NJ when I started fossil hunting?  Me thinks me back would be better off.  Nice display.

RB

grandpa- thank you for the comment. They do seem to be some kind of rodent. The one isn't fossilised at all. The other one  has picked up some mineralization  in the Brook. I don't believe it's a fossil though.  Im thinking it might be from a groundhog. 

20 hours ago, grandpa said:

Beautiful eye-candy.  Thanks for sharing.:P

In the last photo, at the 11:00 position there are two curved (rodent?) teeth(?).  Do you know what they are from?

20 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Lots of nice stuff there. I am most interested in that toe bone. It could possibly be from a Dino. They have been found there in the past.

Darktooth- thanks you. I posted another topic in the I'd section of the forum about it with some better pics and received some interesting comments from people with great knowledge on the subject. It does appear to be a phalanx from a therapod.   With the broken end I'm thinking it would be over 3 inches.  

19 hours ago, The Jersey Devil said:

Great stash! I especially like the coprolites and the pristine teeth. But that phalanx is definitely worth bringing to the NJSM.

In the first image you have two teeth that are very neat. The one in blue is a symphyseal Archaeolamna kopingensis and the one in red is a pathological A. kopingensis.

CFE328BE-653F-4087-A29A-FA062893B293.jpeg

Thanks For ID's. I'll have to get out to the museum soon.

Next to the one circled in red is another pathological shark tooth. The tip is curved upwards (fanged). It's hard to see at this angle. 

I think pathological teeth are really interesting. Out of all the teeth I've found I believe I only have those two. So maybe the odds are 500:1?

On 10/12/2019 at 8:52 AM, RJB said:

Lots of stuff for sure!  Maybe I should have moved out to NJ when I started fossil hunting?  Me thinks me back would be better off.  Nice display.

RB

Thanks RJB.   

If shoveling gravel all day will be kinder to your back come on by.