fossilsonwheels

That is the rough number of students that got free fossils today :) We did 4 presentations for 8 classrooms at Turtle Bay Elementary in Redding. They all got Dino presentations and they all got to get their hands on Dino Fossils. At one point we passed a Nano tooth around the classroom and everybody got to check it out. Our largest program to date and at some point today we surpassed 1,000 free fossil kits given away since Feb 1 of this year. 

Pic 1 Carter showing the kids our big hunk of Diplodocus bone

Pic 2 Kids petting Camarasaurus ribs

Pic 3 Showin off the free fossils

4FEFA0ED-752D-469A-9561-E49B42B8F13D.jpeg

4E849370-909C-458D-9BCE-DDBD575A3D9B.jpeg

26969183-8CE0-4137-B99A-86B09C6CE787.jpeg

• I found this Informative 14

12 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thanks for the photos.  :dinothumb:

We are finally doing photo release forms so we will get more pictures as we go along !

41 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I love the last photo of the room full of happy kids

Best photo we have in truth ! The free fossils are the best par tof what we do for sure

4 hours ago, Pagurus said:

You're making a lot of kids happy!

We are certainly trying to do that ! Thank you

Nice picture of all the happy kids.  Years ago I use to do fossil presentations.  I would always bring fossils to pass around.  I brought a rather large dino tooth one time.   It came back in 3 pieces!  anyways, your doing a really good thing.  Keep it up

RB

13 hours ago, fossilsonwheels said:

Best photo we have in truth ! The free fossils are the best par tof what we do for sure

I also think it really helps create a happy and long lasting memory for them school kids . When they get home I bet they enjoy  explaining to their parents the days joyful events, with their newly acquired visual aids to hand.   :D

2 hours ago, sharkdoctor said:

Glad to see your good work moving forward!

Thank you. We are getting pretty busy and having a blast doing this.

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Nice picture of all the happy kids.  Years ago I use to do fossil presentations.  I would always bring fossils to pass around.  I brought a rather large dino tooth one time.   It came back in 3 pieces!  anyways, your doing a really good thing.  Keep it up

RB

That will eventually happen to us as well I am sure but that does suck. So far, we have not had anything break during a presentation or transport, knock on wood lol Thank you. They were pretty happy kiddos.

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

I also think it really helps create a happy and long lasting memory for them school kids . When they get home I bet they enjoy  explaining to their parents the days joyful events, with their newly acquired visual aids to hand.   :D

I hope that is what we are doing ! The kids really seem to be grateful for the fossils.

• I found this Informative 1

And as I look at that picture of Carter, he does not have the Diplo. I think this was taking when he had the Ankylosaurus fossils.