Capping a busy week with Sharks at the Gateway Science Museum

fossilsonwheels

Fossils on Wheels teamed up with the Gateway Science Museum to bring a whole lot of shark education to Chico this past Saturday. 

Our friend Tay Francis of the Gateway did a shark tooth ID lab inside the museum while Carter and I talked shark evolution outside. We had about 65 or so people stop by our table, mostly families. We handed out about 30 bags of shark teeth. Several teachers stopped by and they got flyers so we should get a few more programs booked from it. Carter did a fantastic job representing us as I also had to function as supervisor for the museum. 

This capped a very busy and exciting week for us. We added hooker Oak Elementary to list of schools we’ve done programs at with a really fun When Reptiles Ruled the Earth program for their 4th grade students. 

On Thursday we got interviewed by the Chico News and Review ! We had a lot of fun talking about what we do and why we do it. 

We have given away enough fossils to need a restock so we picked up a bunch, 250 or so. That should get us through the end of 2019. I even managed to find a bit of time to write up some material for up coming programs for 2nd graders working on their Dinosaur reports. 

Busy week but we had a lot of fun :) 

My son introducing some people to our sharks

F79E5096-2B3D-4AFD-83D5-28CD225AAA4C.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

Reminds me of Calvert’s Sharkfest

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

3 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Reminds me of Calvert’s Sharkfest

Thank you. It was a pretty fun event and I’m happy to have a venue that doesn’t mind a shark takeover lol

• I found this Informative 1