Help with some teeth

Joeri_R

Hello,

Before I made this post I did some research by myself. By scrolling through the forum here I already learned that the teeth I have in my collection are composites.

I also have doubts with the Spinosaurid tooth. It is not serrated but it has a sharp edge in both sides. I thought they had to conical with striations?

The Mosasaurs hoffmanni and the Elasmosaur sp. are valid I think (even if they are composites). I even believe the Elasmosaur is a broken tooth put back together and not built out of different Elasmosaur teeth.

I am curious for your opinion. 

First three photos are from Elasmosaur sp.

number four and five are Mosasaur hoffmanni

six to eight is Spinosaurus aegypticus according to label, but I prefer to label it as Spinosaurus indet. cause I'm not sure. I thought I read somewhere on the forum that Spinosaurus aegypticus would only be valid in Egypt.

All three teeth come from Morrocco. The Spino and Mosa were super cheaps (I think that should be a hint). I paid 10€ per tooth. The Elasmosaur was 27€. 

IMG_20191111_145921.jpg

IMG_20191111_145928.jpg

IMG_20191111_145957.jpg

IMG_20191111_150145.jpg

IMG_20191111_150202.jpg

IMG_20191111_145631.jpg

IMG_20191111_145638.jpg

IMG_20191111_145711.jpg

I don't think any of these teeth is a composite. The fractures match quite well. Not too sure on the last one though.

The ID's are:

Zarafasaura oceanis (the only described plesiosaur at the Khouribga Phosphate mines)

Prognathodon sp. (because M. hoffmani is a European species I think)

Last one is a Spinosaurid (either Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis or Spinosaurus aegyptiacus, cannot be distinguished). The teeth don't have to have Striations, I have one without too.

• I found this Informative 2

I'm not sure the Moroccan Spinosaurus is S. aegypticus. 

Spinosaurid indet. is probably safer for now. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

34 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

I don't think any of these teeth is a composite. The fractures match quite well. Not too sure on the last one though.

The ID's are:

Zarafasaura oceanis (the only described plesiosaur at the Khouribga Phosphate mines)

Last one is a Spinosaurid (either Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis or Spinosaurus aegyptiacus, cannot be distinguished). The teeth don't have to have Striations, I have one without too.

Bedankt! ;) 

(notice the coin: an ancient piece of 50 Frank :P ) 

28 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I'm not sure the Moroccan Spinosaurus is S. aegypticus. 

Spinosaurid indet. is probably safer for now. 

Thank you! :) 

1 hour ago, gigantoraptor said:

The ID's are:

I just found out my tooth is from Prognathodon saturator. There are two described Mosasaurs from Khouribga. The P. Saturator and P. currii. The teeth are different from each other. But I also read that they recently found Mosasaur material which yet has to be described.