Newest Puppy

Frank Menser

Added a new piece to the dog/wolf part of the collection. This is Canis teihardi from the late Miocene--early Pleistocene, China. Some teeth reattached and possibly minor cosmetics on the cheeks, but otherwise pristine. Seems to be a competition twixt me and the wife over dogs and cats :P

post-1313-0-00024800-1313589960_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

an interesting acquisition...

i only have this one dog in my collection, and only because it was free and it has character. it's canis nasutis barnacalis. tj keeps trying to get it from me, telling me he can "make it older", whatever that means...

post-488-0-35805600-1313595057_thumb.jpg

an interesting acquisition...

i only have this one dog in my collection, and only because it was free and it has character. it's canis nasutis barnacalis. tj keeps trying to get it from me, telling me he can "make it older", whatever that means...

post-488-0-35805600-1313595057_thumb.jpg

"WOOF"

Be true to the reality you create.

Added a new piece to the dog/wolf part of the collection. This is Canis teihardi from the late Miocene--early Pleistocene, China. Some teeth reattached and possibly minor cosmetics on the cheeks, but otherwise pristine. Seems to be a competition twixt me and the wife over dogs and cats :P

post-1313-0-00024800-1313589960_thumb.jpg

Frank, very nice acquistion! How many Canid genus/species do you have now??....

Tracer, nice barnacle dog. You got to teach him to wear goggles more often and swim much faster.

Regards, Chris

nice dog skull frank.

ya gotta be aware of those skulls coming from the miocene of china. last time when i got a sheep's skull when i was really little it was made of plaster..unsure.gif

is this from an old collection?

Edited by fossil maniac