Cincinnatian Crinoids

erose

Two weeks ago I collected some crinoid material in Dayton, Ohio (Thanks HRGuy54!) I don't have much crinoid material other than lots of stems and a few of the most common calyxes. The material is tiny and partially disarticulated but it does include feeding arms and pinnules. In addition I found an edrioasteroid at the site. That was only my second one and I didn't even realize I had it until I was working on the strophomenids I collected there.

The geology is Bull Fork Fm. (The fossil mix is indicative of both the Liberty and Whitewater Formations) That is Richmondian, Cincinantian Series (Late Ordovician).

Take a look and throw me any ideas or suggestions for what I have found.

Erich

post-1875-0-44393700-1368651072_thumb.jpgpost-1875-0-76874200-1368651099_thumb.jpg

edrios are cool... i have just one isorophus

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I have no idea on the Crinoid but your edrio looks like an Isorophus. I find one every 100 or so Rafinesquina in the Whitewater Fm.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

• 2 months later...

Eric,

The crinoid appears to be Iocrinus subcrassus. It is had to tell because the calyx is mostlycovered. It could be Cupuolcrinus, but I don't think so.

Regards,

DZ

post-8238-0-97705100-1375804826_thumb.jpg

post-8238-0-42916000-1375804864_thumb.jpg