Some Unidentified Fish...

Rafel_93

Hello!!

Well, these are some fish of my collection that I don't know to what specie they belong.

I bought the first as a Leptolepis brasilensis from Brasil, but when I search it on the google I can't find anything.

The second one is from Brasil too, and theoretically is a Leptolepis too (Although I think that is a Dastilbe elongatus?)

And I don't know anything about the third one. Any idea? I don't mind if it's only the family or order ^_^

Thank you very much!!! ;)

No 2 is a Dastilbe elongatus for sure. I would guess No 1 being also a Dastilbe. No idea about No 3. Is it on diatomeous shale? Then it could be a Spratelloides from the Messinian of Lorca or Italy.

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Hello!!

Well, these are some fish of my collection that I don't know to what specie they belong.

I bought the first as a Leptolepis brasilensis from Brasil, but when I search it on the google I can't find anything.

The second one is from Brasil too, and theoretically is a Leptolepis too (Although I think that is a Dastilbe elongatus?)

And I don't know anything about the third one. Any idea? I don't mind if it's only the family or order ^_^

Thank you very much!!! ;)

The first two are definitely the gonorhynchiform Dastilbe from the Crato Formation. I am attaching an article on them. The third one is some cenozoic fish from another locality. I am not as good with the younger fish, sorry.

-PzF

No idea about No 3. Is it on diatomeous shale? Then it could be a Spratelloides from the Messinian of Lorca or Italy.

I don't know, but I don't think so... It looks like more some kind of clay... And I think (I'm not sure) that's from the north-east side of Spain...

Thank you both for the information about the Dastilbe!

Two more fish. Are they Dastilbe too? (And if they are, do you know the specie?)