The Last Day,a Famous "Carreer" (Quarry) In The South Of Caen

nala

The last day, I planned to do the cliffs of the black cows in Villers sur mer, but as the weather deteriorated, I change my mind and tried the luck by going to the quarries in the south of Caen.All are close to the public a very long time ago.But the head of this career was very kind and admitted me for an hour on a small part of the site due to my work as a teacher :)

post-2325-0-26474400-1304201454_thumb.jpg

post-2325-0-81793400-1304201469_thumb.jpg

post-2325-0-82089100-1304201495_thumb.jpg

post-2325-0-13894000-1304201513_thumb.jpg

post-2325-0-75327600-1304201544_thumb.jpg

It looks like an hour well spent, nala. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks JohnJ and Harry Pristis,i just prep a little these:

post-2325-0-22058000-1304255948_thumb.jpgmortality plate with small Dactylioceras

post-2325-0-86863000-1304255965_thumb.jpgA mortality plate with small Dactylioceras,a brachiopod,kind of coral?

post-2325-0-90827700-1304255983_thumb.jpgA cenoceras striatum with shell and a Pentacrinus tuberculatus on the side

post-2325-0-52394400-1304256014_thumb.jpgmany Hildoceras bifrons,a Grammoceras and a Dactylioceras

post-2325-0-78573500-1304256041_thumb.jpgAcrocoelites oxyconus Belemnite

wow nala, all 3 legs of the trip were amazing, and these mortality plates are awesome, thanks for all the pictures!

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Fantastic finds and picts nala!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Thanks Aramon,you are right Roger but the head of the career said his society doesn't allow the people to go inside usually and i don't want to make problems to him -_-

Thanks Aramon,you are right Roger but the head of the career said his society doesn't allow the people to go inside usually and i don't want to make problems to him -_-

That is interesting. Babelfish tells me that that the French carriere translates to both "career" and to "quarry." It must be the "head of the quarry" to whom 'nala' refers.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

That is interesting. Babelfish tells me that that the French carriere translates to both "career" and to "quarry." It must be the "head of the quarry" to whom 'nala' refers.

Thanks to correct my poor English Harry :)

Oooops! Pardon!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Very cool ammonite finds - much different to what I'm used to seeing closer to home.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Those are very cool! Wished we had cool ammonites like that around here- our's are rough and plain colored for the most part except for the teeny tiny pyrite ones.

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Thanks for the trip through your collecting sites, Gery! Belemnites, Ammonites and Nautiloids, Oh My! :wub:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Dan,that's why you have to come! :) ,fossiladdict,but it's very hard to find tooth here,and Dave for your nice comment! B)