November 2012 Finds Of The Month

Auspex

Hi all today i started to prepare plates i found on 30 october 2010 with my new preparation tools...preparation done on 25 novemeber 2012

after sandblasting here is the result a nice Pentacrinites dargnesi crown, middle jurassic of Chalons , France

066dt.jpg

065gpv.jpg

HOLY CRINOIDS!!!!

Another angle. Thanks!

post-7395-0-56963300-1353538600_thumb.jpg

Wow. That crab looks so life-like that I'm ready to break out the crab-pot and Old Bay seasoning - Yum! Those are some amazing looking colors and textures. Congrats.

Daryl.

My submission for fossil of the month November:

16 Hyperoblastus perovalus blastoids, 1 Eldredgeops rana (enrolled), 1 undetermined crinoid. All pyritized. Self collected and prepared in November this year.

Cheers

post-10535-0-95725200-1354282929_thumb.jpg

You guys are making the upcoming FOTM poll so much more difficult! Excellent month for inverts, in particular :o

I agree, it's gonna be tough. :mellow:

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Hi all today i started to prepare plates i found on 30 october 2010 with my new preparation tools...preparation done on 25 novemeber 2012

after sandblasting here is the result a nice Pentacrinites dargnesi crown, middle jurassic of Chalons , France

066dt.jpg

065gpv.jpg

AMAZING!! It looks like some intricate carving. :wub:

Is it 'against' the rules to 'bump' one's specimen into the next month when the selection is already saturated with excellence? :)

Context is critical.

Is it 'against' the rules to 'bump' one's specimen into the next month when the selection is already saturated with excellence? :)

If you have perfected time travel, who's to stop you? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

16 Hyperoblastus perovalus blastoids, 1 Eldredgeops rana (enrolled), 1 undetermined crinoid. All pyritized. Self collected and prepared in November this year.

Cheers

This is ridiculously beautiful!

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Cheers

Glad that you Entered Markus! :P

This is going to be a ridiculess month to vote in! First the crab how fricken cool is that! Then the crinoid i love this thing to! i am currently preparing some from the same locality. Then comes along the pyritized blastoid and trilo plate OMG! this is TOUGH!

Crazy month! That Calvert meg is a stunner, too.

Nick, it's funny you should mention my Meg. I showed the pics of Meg and your Oreodont crushed leg-bone to a paleo-friend of mine (actually, my youngest son), and he's of he opinion, as crazy as it sounds, that my Meg tooth prolly bit down on the leg of your Oreodont as it strayed too close to shore. At least that's how my son explained it to me and of course I had to agree with him.

Just kidding of course, but couldn't help laughing at my son's response.

Congrats to all entrants and thanks to everyone for posting pics for all to enjoy. Without sharing, no one would get to enjoy in all the great finds!

Daryl.