A Canadian In Germany

Ludwigia

Welcome from the fossil footprint state - Massachusetts, USA. Looking forward to some great pics and stories from you.

Welcome from the fossil footprint state - Massachusetts, USA. Looking forward to some great pics and stories from you.

Thanks for the belated welcome. If you check out topics and posts under my profile you'll see that many pics and stories from me have already appeared.

Best wishes, Roger

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Wow Roger... that is a very nice collection! Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures in the new gallery.

Peter

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Roger welcome!

Roger, Ludwig does have a great home collection he shows off. I wonder how it has grown since his post's above from 2010? I bet he has added a lot in the last 5 years.

I learned the same way to check dates of posts. :faint:

• 8 months later...

Thanks. Glad you appreciate it, although it has moved along since those photos were taken.

Edited by Ludwigia
  • I found this Informative 1

• 10 months later...

Tony is late to the punch bowl.

Ja, ja, wilkommen, Roger aus Kanada! Wo ist mein Kuli? Das ist verucht! Was ist deine staatsangehorikgeit? Wievel urh is es? :P

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

6 hours ago, ynot said:

Hey hi Roger,

Just catching up.

Nice introduction!

Regards,

Tony

Geez! Have I been here for 7 years already?

6 hours ago, Kane said:

Tony is late to the punch bowl.

Ja, ja, wilkommen, Roger aus Kanada! Wo ist mein Kuli? Das ist verucht! Was ist deine staatsangehorikgeit? Wievel urh is es? :P

I think someone should recommend you for the organizational committe for the Kitchener/Waterloo Oktoberfest :P

• I found this Informative 2

36 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Geez! Have I been here for 7 years already?

I think someone should recommend you for the organizational committe for the Kitchener/Waterloo Oktoberfest :P

:hearty-laugh:

I would certainly come!

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

1 hour ago, JohnBrewer said:

Welcome to the forum Roger from Manchester UK :D

Superb ammo collection! :envy:

:fistbump: The collection has grown a bit more since then :D

Roger, let me say you, welcome! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

• 1 year later...

I figured it was time for an update here since it's been over 8 years since my original introduction and things have moved on. I've also moved house a few years ago and now have a proper display room, a couple of cabinets in the hallway and a comfortable workshop. The following photos are already 2 years old, but they at least give a good impression of my present setup.

1.2.jpg.8baa857d6dd501daca9a96d5dbadcb32.jpg

2.2.thumb.jpg.d07f1ae970d2a78033b2baa005c9afb4.jpg5.2.thumb.jpg.6c352630331c8e2c1d4012e066b756c8.jpg

6.2.thumb.jpg.a0fc3471a203c760fe60b031d76cbc7c.jpg7.2.thumb.jpg.0ad7e5949436f10b9bbbc107da8c1cb8.jpg

3.2.jpg.81bcafb43106ddb7e72f41ffd6fa2ae2.jpg

4.2.jpg.5ee44ab72e4a6811aa160a1a32c75df9.jpg

8.2.thumb.jpg.e4c94f6bb865f4b3d6380dd94c0950bc.jpg

9.2.jpg.a3954cb5f8754b802b40c6cf36289191.jpg

10.2.jpg.1a181a4952ead52147b3bf9b7a27dcb7.jpg

I've been doing an increasing amount of commision work, so I don't get out in the field as much as I used to, and when I do, it's mostly to explore the local Callovian or Bajocian layers, since I've just about covered all I can as far as the Aalenian layers are concerned in this area. I however do return to the old sites where I know that I'm bound to find something when the pickings start to get slim on my exploratory ventures. I do a lot of prep work for a British paleontologist in exchange for mostly well-preserved Bajocian ammonite fauna, so the collection has been expanding a lot in this direction lately and I also get the odd "donation" from a man who specializes in early and late Jurassic ammonites. Every once in a while I take the opportunity to venture farther afield when the opportunity presents itself to explore the Middle Jurassic of other areas, but these excursions are pretty rare. Of course I still like to dig into the Paleozoic on my yearly trips to Canada, which makes for a nice change.

• I found this Informative 6
  • Enjoyed 2