Very Interesting "mutation" In A Peice Of Carboniferous Bark... Help!

pecopteris

Hi Rockwood

Why am I so sure !!!, because the Professor Zeiller wrote, sometimes these crowns strobus are organized in several generations, I showed my findings to the lille city museum and I could compare with specimens figured in the original literature.....

Best regards

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

Amazing! You guys don't mess around when it comes to plant fossils. :goodjob:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Hi Rockwood

Why am I so sure !!!, because the Professor Zeiller wrote, sometimes these crowns strobus are organized in several generations, I showed my findings to the lille city museum and I could compare with specimens figured in the original literature.....

Best regards

Bruno

In my opinion as it pertains to the originaly posted thread the question hasn't been answered. Why can't it be just a scar. The science not the faith that someone knows.

quote : "The science not the faith That someone knows."

Hi my friends

I 'm "Cartesian"

When observing repeats itself several times, the conclusion becomes a truth. Sometimes sientists emit erroneous theory and truth ensuing become obsolete. To date no one has proved otherwise on the crown of scars . 32 years on field to observe the fossil plants that confirms my theory .

I have not found other conclusions. Your analysis is not objective but seems more subjective, unless he is stained with theological concept ??? in this case I would not debate !!!

Best regards

I've made no attempt at analysis, and I don't intend to call you wrong. I only posed a sincere question. It's your answer that seems theological to me. A statement such as 'scars tend to have a more bubbly or tumorish look', or 'the tissue does not heal it dies and leaves a rough opening' would be something that I would recognize as science.

My dear Rockwood

About pathology ....here is an example ......

Excuse me, I did not provide the answer you were expecting, I must tell you that the concept of branch does not exist on sigillaria genus , these plants are monopodial and rarely divided, some specimens possess division (dichotomy) only species in the upper Carboniferous.

Then no concept of broken branch, my reasoning was circular and my eagerness to meet you in this way is the conclusion ...

shake%20head.gifshake%20head.gifshake%20head.gif

Here is a curious deformation axis Calamites sent by friend Maciek from Poland , And Maciek said : "it is probably a disease or an accident during growth with healing and regrowth, Calamite branch ends wih misshapen form ( I don't know similar to this one from the fossil record ) after this grows a modified continuation of the branch. Also interesting is changing number of vascular bundles on every node, and the number is doubled."

http://i30.servimg.c.../15/73/1d10.jpg

http://i30.servimg.c...0/15/73/110.jpg

Best regards

Bruno

Edited by docdutronc

Bruno

and all

It would appear we have some lack of evidence.

It's an honor to be taken seriously by someone held in such high regard.

Dale

You can see the small scratch marks across this band. This is a trace fossil. A living animal was clawing at or gnawing on the bark. What you have is a

fossil on a fossil. Since I collect only marine trace fossils, I am not familiar terrestrial trace fossil terminoligy, so I can't tell you the name for it.

You can see the small scratch marks across this band. This is a trace fossil. A living animal was clawing at or gnawing on the bark...

Are you referring to this fossil?

post-423-0-52633600-1356305438_thumb.jpg

I'm afraid that I cannot see the clawing/chewing marks you cite.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

quote : " I'm afraid that I cannot see the clawing/chewing marks you cite."

Aliens beaver have eroded these branches ??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013

Bruno

As far as I know, macroherbivory of the kind that would be needed to produce a scar of that size wasn't established in the upper carboniferous yet.

araucaria1959

As far as I know, macroherbivory of the kind that would be needed to produce a scar of that size wasn't established in the upper carboniferous yet.

araucaria1959

Fine example of a helpful and respectful comment.