Jump to content

Recommended Posts

DatFossilBoy

Hello everyone.

I saw this nice Albertosaurus tooth fragment online being sold for relatively cheap.

I thought it had nice size,serrations and tip. It is from the Judith formation in Montana.

Do you think it is worth considering? Or do you think I should keep my money. If I could get it a bit repaired and nicely reglue the fragments,It could be quite neat I think.

It would be my first Tyrannosaurid in my collection (and my only for a long time).

What do you think? Here are the 3 pictures I have.

Thanks alot,Regards

ACD8564B-796E-4383-B696-DC22D75893B7.jpeg

AD081623-A756-43D6-8DF0-5F1EAC8E9027.jpeg

5140E580-3881-4790-A4D3-95AC95BF5DA2.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is in bad shape. I would pass on that alone.

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor

The tooth shown comes from the Judith river formation. Albertosaurus is only described from the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in Alberta. This tooth is either a Daspletosaurus or a Gorgosaurus. You can't tell their teeth apart. So you would have to label it as Tyrannosaur indet. I would pas on it. It's in pretty bad shape. There are more nice teeth out there, wait for the right one, I'm sure you will find a nice one;).

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Save your money on higher a quality tooth

Link to post
Share on other sites

where is it from? what are they saying it is?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a little better, but I think there are better ones available.

You may want to save up Your money so You can get a good tooth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor
12 minutes ago, Troodon said:

where is it from? what are they saying it is?

Same story. Listed as Albertosaurus tooth tip but from Judith River formation.

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks I would not waste my money on partial teeth that are commonly available.  Save up and buy a complete tooth.   

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DatFossilBoy
24 minutes ago, ynot said:

This is a little better, but I think there are better ones available.

You may want to save up Your money so You can get a good tooth.

 

9 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thanks I would not waste my money on partial teeth that are commonly available.  Save up and buy a complete tooth.   

Okay but it might be my only chance...

They are so rare and so expensive normally... Maybe I will be able to get the second one at a reasonable price by making him an offer.

I don’t know...

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DatFossilBoy said:

They are so rare and so expensive normally.

Save Your money, be patient, keep Your eyes out and a real good one will come Your way at a reasonable price.:yay-smiley-1:

Most of all- do not be in a hurry to buy one.:thumbsu:

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
DatFossilBoy

Okay.

Wise advice,thanks ;) 

1 minute ago, ynot said:

Save Your money, be patient, keep Your eyes out and a real good one will come Your way at a reasonable price.:yay-smiley-1:

Most of all- do not be in a hurry to buy one.:thumbsu:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@DatFossilBoy I love your enthusiasm it is infectious but if I was you , like ynot said I would slow down a bit, look around, don’t rush to buy any fossil . It takes some time to amass a great  collection. Your already on the right tacks . Wait and get yourself a couple of choice buys to enhance your collection. 

 

Cheers bobby

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Also saw this tooth being advertised to me as an Albertosaur from Judith River Formation and should actually be tyrannosaur indet. Thankfully I have been reading posts on this forum to know if it is from Judith River formation then it is either a Daspletosaurus or a Gorgosaurus tooth. Just a warning to others it happens so often (even now) so knowledge is key! The person also runs a popular website. Regardless I think it's a nice tooth but currently it's not a high priority on my list and it is quite expensive at the moment  but I like it although it's missing a portion by base and near the tip and the tip is also worn.

 

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
Mioplosus_Lover24
On 3/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, DatFossilBoy said:

Hello everyone.

I saw this nice Albertosaurus tooth fragment online being sold for relatively cheap.

I thought it had nice size,serrations and tip. It is from the Judith formation in Montana.

Do you think it is worth considering? Or do you think I should keep my money. If I could get it a bit repaired and nicely reglue the fragments,It could be quite neat I think.

It would be my first Tyrannosaurid in my collection (and my only for a long time).

What do you think? Here are the 3 pictures I have.

Thanks alot,Regards

ACD8564B-796E-4383-B696-DC22D75893B7.jpeg

AD081623-A756-43D6-8DF0-5F1EAC8E9027.jpeg

5140E580-3881-4790-A4D3-95AC95BF5DA2.jpeg

Might be in bad shape, did you pass this up cause I'll take it Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
DeepTimeIsotopes
9 hours ago, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

Might be in bad shape, did you pass this up cause I'll take it Lol

That tooth is probably long gone as this thread is almost a year old now.

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mioplosus_Lover24
16 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

That tooth is probably long gone as this thread is almost a year old now.

Oh that's a shame I joined this site recently you know the website?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...