My Golden Phacops

Western NY Explorer

I found this guy in the fall at Penn Dixie, in Western NY. I just got done prepping him and his enrolled son. The amazing thing at Penn dixie is the amount of pyratized fossils. Unless he was the king and he had golden armor...LOL

post-2855-12677294681465_thumb.jpg

post-2855-12677294834985_thumb.jpg

post-2855-1267729499827_thumb.jpg

Tim the Western NY Explorer

Tim: What a beautiful pyritized trilobite.... heck of a find! Congratulations. Natures creations at its finest. You should enter the trilo for FOTM award.

Peter

Edited by pleecan

Tim: What a beautiful pyritized trilobite.... heck of a find! Congratulations. Natures creations at its finest. You should enter the trilo for FOTM award.

Peter

I don't know if it could be entered into Find of The Month when I found it last November, but I did finish prepping it today. I don't know if it could stand a chance against other entries, as I have seen some great pieces listed.

Really nice trilobite..

There was no brushing up involved in making the exoskeleton display such a sheen?

cheers,

Mark

Yeah, that's a Gold standard :wub:

Be true to the reality you create.

Wow, Tim! Awesome find and equally awesome prep work!

Congrats!  :wub:  :)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I don't know if it could be entered into Find of The Month when I found it last November, but I did finish prepping it today. I don't know if it could stand a chance against other entries, as I have seen some great pieces listed.

Since you found it, and prep was completed in March, it is eligible for entry in the March FOTM, coming up. <hint-hint> :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Since you found it, and prep was completed in March, it is eligible for entry in the March FOTM, coming up. <hint-hint> :)

Yep, yep, a good entry for sure :)

Wow, do you have any other pyritized "bugs" from there? B)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Yep, yep, a good entry for sure :)

Wow, do you have any other pyritized "bugs" from there? B)

This is the only trilobite that I have found that is pyritized. Part of the site is known as the Penn Dixie Pyrite bed. I have found lots of crinoids, blastoids, and brachs that are pyritized there.

Wow what a beauty. Congrats on your find and thanks for sharing.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That is gorgeous! Simply one of the nicest examples of a pyritized bug I've ever seen.

Definitely enter it for the contest this month.