Unknown Tooth.

simongirty

That is weird

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

That's pretty cool. I can't wait to see what it is.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Thanks for the replies folks. It was found in Southern Illinois. I don't have a clue about the age, but I did find what I was told was a Pleistocene horse tooth and a bison tooth near where this was found. Its very strange because it looks like it grew straight out of the jaw, but the grinding surface thats designed like a mastodons tooth, is on the back side.

i'm not seeing the usual functional morphologies of a tooth...cutting surfaces, tearing surfaces, chewing surfaces...

This was post on a treasure hunting form as a tooth. I don't see a tooth. He has no clue as to age

post-1315-12747940347445_thumb.jpg

post-1315-12747941998274_thumb.jpg

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Thanks Bill I see he has tried here already. O well it will remain a mystery

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Topics merged...mystery continues.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks JohnJ

I agree with Tracer that it looks like a type of barnacle.

Edited by barefootgirl

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

• 2 weeks later...

At first I saw a tooth, but when the other guys posted I saw a barnacle. Possibly the rough edges were for gripping?

“There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.”

-Ronald Reagan

thanks for finding this topic again, ozzyrules244 :) i was looking for it since i saw that other one this morning. yes, to me it looks like this mystery could actually have been solved...

• 1 year later...