Six North American Sites Hold 12,900-year-old Nanodiamond-rich Soil

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

ScienceDaily (Jan. 2, 2009) — Abundant tiny particles of diamond dust exist in sediments dating to 12,900 years ago at six North American sites, adding strong evidence for Earth's impact with a rare swarm of carbon-and-water-rich comets or carbonaceous chondrites, reports a nine-member scientific team.

Find the article HERE!

Berry interesting posting :rolleyes: : But then again is all live form carbon base

or is that to much like Starewars:

Guest Nicholas
The Washington Post covered this today; online HERE. I checked the JOURNAL'S page and it is not up yet... maybe tomorrow.

Thanks Solius, I can always count on you to back me with more sources. :P

It's an interesting theory, but to me it is unnecessarily complicated.

The layer of nano-diamonds is an important find in any case.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 2 weeks later...
very cool articles guys.

so i THIS is where i saw it.... (ignore my senseless ramblings)

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Cool read ! Thanks

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

• 9 months later...

Yeah, cool article indeed. There is another that hypothesized that said astral body impacted the glacial ice sheet just a snig North of me near the current site of Sudbury, Ontario and cited geologic micro-evidence of diamond scatter. The writer figured that was the straw that broke the glacier's back as well, allowing all of that melt to flow into the Atlantic and deuce the world climatic system for a while. The crater cheerfully melted along with the rest of the glacier, leaving the detritus behind. :)

I am more interested in whatever came from the Kimberlite tube up in the NW Territories or the other Kimberlite intrusion in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. The one in the UP is rumoured to be a tad paranoid about trespassers......

I like diamonds, burn up a bunch of them sukkas on an ongoing basis. They make great tools and handy polish. :D