Let Us See Your Fossil Insects!

Martijn

Here are a snout beetle, a fly, and a feather in association.

Green River Eocene.

post-423-12566653150297_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

<spraying "raid" all over his monitor>

um, from a very old can.

That would be "Flit".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Am I showing my age?

post-423-12566954311467_thumb.jpg

"Quick! The Flit!"

Good old DDT.

Am I showing my age?

post-423-12566954311467_thumb.jpg

"Quick! The Flit!"

Good old DDT.

I don't recall seeing that up north of the border here (but then I'm not as old as you)! :P

i'm sorry, ya'll insect-fossil-possessors. i don't want to get too far off your topic, in that your stuff is very cool. i never really realized there were so many fossilized insects until i came here. and some of ya'll's are unbelievably well preserved. and they don't look painted on, like the stuff i see at shows and, um, well, around...

Wow!! I love everyones specimens!! Now I have something else to add to my wish list.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Auspex...... lol.... thats a fantastic fossil.... and great collections everyone well done....

Heres a couple of unidentified insect wings from my upper carb collection...the best one showing colour pigmentation forming eliptical shapes in the preservation and possibly the complete insect contained within the nodule, but how could you prep that without creating an eyesore.......found by may dad, and kindly donated ;)

post-1630-1256722590688_thumb.jpg post-1630-12567226508267_thumb.jpg

post-1630-12567227264376_thumb.jpg

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Here is a Plecia pealei from Green river Fm., Wyoming, USA, insect wing from Green River Shale, Uintah County, Utah and somekind larva from Green River Formation, Wyoming, USA and last is from Jehol Biota, Liaoning province, China.

post-1446-12567254875489_thumb.jpg

post-1446-12567254965582_thumb.jpg

post-1446-1256725507432_thumb.jpg

post-1446-1256725517598_thumb.jpg

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

This is a piece of Dominican amber, containing a male ant.

(I display it with the amber jewelry that I sell at my shop)

post-423-12567451329534_thumb.jpg

post-423-12567451602291_thumb.jpg

Tracer camptorhynchus

post-1315-12573782632776_thumb.jpg

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Tracer camptorhynchus

...shown life-size.

Nice bugs with super fine details everyone! Sorry to hear about recent skeeter issues...we have a few million here as well...can ship but they dont travel well and dont like cold.

Request===>I want to see one of those large German Solnhofen dragonflies...I know someone has one so please post a picture..Here's one almost complete Libelle sp. specimen I acquired awhile back. Ignore the creative scaling. I'm basically lazy and the meter stick isn't used for anything else around here so I'm putting it to work.

Regards, Chris post-1240-12573922380532_thumb.jpg