Proceratosaurus from Portugal?

Dinocollector

Hello!
I have seen this tooth identified as Proceratosaurus from Lourinha (Portugal)

The size is 13mm.
What do you think? I thought that the proceratosaurus only lived in the UK ...
I can not find any publication about this...

Thank you so much.

DB1321D5-8508-4309-8271-A8AD8C24292F.jpeg

33AA7D90-C2EC-4A46-BE05-B4D0FADDBF85.jpeg

EA021F2B-5AE3-4B7B-A0AA-3AA33CA75CE7.jpeg

73C42C1F-23C6-4415-BA3B-19D0F47F589A.jpeg

As far as I know, Proceratosaurus is only known from a single individual. A partial skull. I've never heard of any other finds personally.

Proceratosaurus_skull2.jpg.8f1ee827c46f8b8afa33a742e63e5ac2.jpg

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

14 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

As far as I know, Proceratosaurus is only known from a single individual. A partial skull. I've never heard of any other finds personally.

Proceratosaurus_skull2.jpg.8f1ee827c46f8b8afa33a742e63e5ac2.jpg

Hello! Thank you so much!

So probably other Dino... I am reading about Lourinhanosaurus...

So no idea...

What do you think @Troodon ?

Identification of isolated jurassic teeth from Europe is very difficult, very few have been described to ID to a genus level.   Several papers have been written on isolated jurassic teeth from Portugal and Germany.  These papers group teeth into morphology types.  Using multivariate analysis they try to group them into family types and then suggest several taxons that they might be similar to.  Thats where Proceratosaurus most likely comes from.   They are just suggesting that the teeth are similar (cf) to those species not that they are described from that area.

On the tooth you are asking about photos are not adequate to say much.  A multivariate analysis is needed to see if it match something that has been published in these papers.

The best you will probably get is what  family or super family it belongs to like meglosauroidae or meglosaurid/allosaurid 

• I found this Informative 2

21 hours ago, Troodon said:

Identification of isolated jurassic teeth from Europe is very difficult, very few have been described to ID to a genus level.   Several papers have been written on isolated jurassic teeth from Portugal and Germany.  These papers group teeth into morphology types.  Using multivariate analysis they try to group them into family types and then suggest several taxons that they might be similar to.  Thats where Proceratosaurus most likely comes from.   They are just suggesting that the teeth are similar (cf) to those species not that they are described from that area.

On the tooth you are asking about photos are not adequate to say much.  A multivariate analysis is needed to see if it match something that has been published in these papers.

The best you will probably get is what  family or super family it belongs to like meglosauroidae or meglosaurid/allosaurid 

Thank you very much Troodon! As always your knowledge contributes a lot to this forum.
Then we will consider them as Megalosauridae.