Nothing or Something?

dr_doink

Hey all, I've had this stone with me for over 20 years now and have always wondered if it was actually something or just a random luck-of-the-draw design on a rock. It was found in the Buffalo, New York area if that helps. Any kind of insights would be greatly appreciated. 

triangle rock.JPG

Random pattern, produced by fine layering of the rock. Would you like to show us a side view? There is a slight possibility that a side view may change my mind.

But very nice, indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Franz Bernhard

It might look nice polished, if that is possible. Nice rock!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

On 1/13/2021 at 12:24 AM, FranzBernhard said:

Random pattern, produced by fine layering of the rock. Would you like to show us a side view? There is a slight possibility that a side view may change my mind.

Franz Bernhard

Aahh yeah I had a feeling it was closer to the random/natural side of things but thanks for taking a look! And absolutely, as soon as I get back from out of town Ill upload side and back pictures of it as well

@Thecosmilia Trichitoma I havent thought about it but like you said if possible I think it would look nice polished as well!

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 12:24 AM, FranzBernhard said:

Franz Bernhard

Sorry about the long wait, life got crazy and totally slipped my mind but here is a side shot and back picture (white stuff is sticky tack to hold it up for a picture)

triangleback.png

trianglesideview.png

• Thank You 1

Cropped and brightened: 

triangleback.png.435d823de29b806521371022ce7fbb63.png

Looks like a metamorphic rock, to me.  :unsure: 

• I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me