Hello from Colorado

Evergreen Fossil Hunter

• New Members

Hello, 

I'm from Evergreen Colorado. I found my first triceratops bones when I was 8 years old near Boulder and i've been looking ever since. 

Now that I have a young son, i'm getting back into the hunt. I'm having harder time finding fossil sites now days compared to when I was younger, seems like everything is private property these days. I'm looking for new places to check out and exciting journeys to take my son on and ways to educate him on our ancient world. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone here. 

Thank you!

Welcome from Aurora Colorado

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Welcome to the Forum. :)

You might consider joining a local paleontology/rockhounding/mineral group to expand your collecting horizons. 

Good luck on your journeys. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Welcome to the Forum.  It's great that you can share your interest with your son.  I can sympathize with the difficulty in finding places to hunt.  Perhaps you could join a local fossil collecting club?  Often that is a good way to get access to sites and meet people with similar interests.

Don

On 5/24/2021 at 2:41 PM, Evergreen Fossil Hunter said:

Hello, 

I'm from Evergreen Colorado. I found my first triceratops bones when I was 8 years old near Boulder and i've been looking ever since. 

Now that I have a young son, i'm getting back into the hunt. I'm having harder time finding fossil sites now days compared to when I was younger, seems like everything is private property these days. I'm looking for new places to check out and exciting journeys to take my son on and ways to educate him on our ancient world. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone here. 

Thank you!

Welcome from Casper... yes things have changed in the US in the last 20 years.   Blame Jurassic Park and Sue.  But nevermind the blame... good luck finding stuff.  I didn't know there was any late Cretaceous terrestrial rocks near Boulder... not until you head east across I-25.  

Welcome from Illinois.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!