Looking to join a local fossil group

Mansfield Matt

• New Members

Hi. I'm in Mansfield, MA and love looking for rocks and fossils. I'd love to join a local fossil hunting group in MA/RI. Anyone know of any?

Welcome to TFF from Austin, Tx.  Check out the clubs listed below.

Massachusetts Fossil Clubs

Central Massachusetts Fossil & Mineral Club

Shrewsbury, MA

Monthly Meetings

Facebook |Facebook Messenger

Worcester Mineral Club

Worcester, MA

Monthly Meetings, Trinity Episcopal Church

Contact | Website | Facebook

Massachusetts Rock, Mineral & Fossil Clubs

Boston Mineral Club – Cambridge, Massachusetts

Meetings held at Harvard University Mineralogical Museum Annual Show – January News Letter – Newsletter Monthly Meetings – 1st Tuesday, 8:00 pm

Greylock Mineral Club – Dalton, Massachusetts

Meetings held at First Unitd Methodist Church. Fenn St., Pittsfield Monthly Meetings – 1st Friday, 7:00 pm

Connecticut Valley Mineral Club – Springfield, Massachusetts

The Connecticut Valley Mineral Club was founded in 1940, with our first formal meeting March 7, 1941, and dedicated to the study, appreciation and preservation of rocks, minerals, fossils and all aspects of Earth Science. We pass on our love of minerals to people of all ages with a special focus on schools with lectures and hands on presentations to students.
Meetings held at the Tolman Wing of the Springfield Science Museum at the Quadrangle, Springfield, Massachusetts Annual Show – March
Monthly Meetings – first Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm

North Shore Rock and Mineral Club – Lynn, Massachusetts

Meetings held at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church 12 Washington St., Peabody Annual Show – May Monthly Meetings – 3rd Friday, 7:30 pm (Sep-May)

Northern Berkshire Mineral Club – North Adams, Massachusetts

Meetings held at Spitzer Center 148 Ashland St Monthly Meetings – 2nd Sunday, 6:30 pm (Sep-Apr) P.M

Southeastern Massachusetts Mineral Club – Norwell, Massachusetts

Meetings held at Shore Natural Science Ctr., Jacobs Lane Monthly Meetings – 2nd Thursday, 7:30 pm

Nashoba Valley Mineralogical Society – Stow, Massachusetts

Meetings held at Fletcher Library, Westford Monthly Meetings – 2nd Tuesday, 7:00pm

Micromounters of New Englandb – Sudbury, Massachusetts

Meetings held at Trinity Lutheran Church Monthly Meetings – September, November, January, February, March, and April,
on the third Saturday of the month if possible from 9am to noon

Worcester Mineral Club – Worcester, Massachusetts

Meetings held at Trinity Episcopal Church Main Street, Shrewsbury Annual Show – November Monthly Meetings – 3rd Tuesday, 7:30 pm

The Rhode Island Mineral Hunters is a non-profit organization dedicated to the appreciation and study of minerals, crystals, fossils, and all aspects of the Earth Sciences.
Meetings are held in Room 1130 at the Community College of Rhode Island, 400 East Ave., Warwick, RI.Annual Show – October
Newsletter – Newsletter
Monthly Meetings – Second Tuesday of each month (except January, February, and August) @ 7:00 PM

Rhode Island Rock, Mineral & Fossil Clubs

Rhode Island Mineral Hunters – Woonsocket, Rhode Island

The Rhode Island Mineral Hunters is a non-profit organization dedicated to the appreciation and study of minerals, crystals, fossils, and all aspects of the Earth Sciences.
Meetings are held in Room 1130 at the Community College of Rhode Island, 400 East Ave., Warwick, RI.Annual Show – October
Newsletter – Newsletter
Monthly Meetings – Second Tuesday of each month (except January, February, and August) @ 7:00 PM

Hope this helps.

• I found this Informative 6

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut.  :)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome from Colorado

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Welcome from a place far far away... England!

Nice to have you here!

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.