Fossil trip Hudson Valley to locate Wurstboro NY Eurypterids

Stingray

Ok so I’m trying to get a group together to locate a bedding plane that has produced Eurypterids in the past ( James Hall plates ). Many hours of searching and reading have given me the location of the area of discovery. I usually have no issues hunting alone for finds but do to the locals , which I have attached an image of below. I would prefer to have company on this visit for additional safety measures :thumbsu: . I’m free most days so hunting days are open for me.

Oh and there are two locals there look close on the left for the black one:d_good_luck:

image.jpg

Ok I guess I’m on my own :fingerscrossed: I’ll just have to handle those locals by giving them plenty of room or lead if that fails ( JK ). Hopefully they have mated and moved on.

Hey Chris,

Be careful if you are heading out there. You may want to give it a few more days, as most are not always on the Forum, and may have missed this topic. ;) 

Good luck if you do go. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I’m still hoping for company it’s a 1/4 mile in in an abandoned mine. I do have cell service there but you wouldn’t want to be bitten and be alone :Horrified: .  Your advice is sound I’ll just pick another old favorite for a few days. Just can’t help it I have the bug to collect those elusive little critters.

• Enjoyed 1

I would love to go exploring for a new(old) site.  I'm a little less than 2 1/2 hours from Wurtsboro, but wouldn't be able to get away until the back half of next week or later.  If you are still looking for a hunting partner by then let me know.  If not, no worries and best of luck on dialing in the location. 

Stay safe,

Randy

Randy,

Sure I’ll wait until you have time . Just PM me and well set it up looking forward to seeing you Chris