Hi there everyone! I've recently been acquiring different fossils to add to my collection and I came across a listing for a carcharodontosaurus tooth that really interested me. Below are a few photos of the listing advertising the carcharodontasaurus tooth. The sellers themselves are very reputable and I am in no way questioning their validity as I'm sure the tooth is a real fossil. Instead, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me positively identify the fossil as a carcharodontosaurus tooth as I know many different teeth and fossils come from the Kem Kem Beds in Morocco. The tooth is in pretty rough condition and has been glued together as seen through the middle of the tooth laterally, though it looks to still have most of its enamel and serrations in tact. Despite these quirks, I'm still very interested in adding this tooth to my collection and I would love to know if the tooth is in fact from a carcharodontosaurus or if it is possibly from another animal of that time period. Thank you all!

image_6487327 (2).JPG

image_6487327 (1).JPG

image_6487327.JPG

The sheer size suggests its one of the Carcharodontosaurids in the Kem Kem Group.  The poor preservation does not allow one to definitively identify the tooth.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Troodon said:

The sheer size suggests its one of the Carcharodontosaurids in the Kem Kem Group.  The poor preservation does not allow one to definitively identify the tooth.

Thank you! I figured that the rough condition would make it hard to specifically identify, but knowing that it's most likely from a carcharodontosaurid is great. It'll make a great addition to my collection.