Looking for Prep Help! Large Cambrian Trilobite Cephalon from Massachusetts

Bguild

Hi Everyone,

Over the summer I went searching for remnants of the elusive Cambrian trilobites from Massachuetts. The quarry these came from was destroyed back in the 1940s and new material is largely non-existant, but I may have found a Paradoxides cephalon. The tricky part being that when I split the piece of argillite, portions of the fossil were split between the two halves of the rock and the fossil could benefit from some prep work in general to make it more apparent. I lack both the prep skills and tools to take this one on and am wondering if anyone would be willing to glue the halves together and prep this mystery fossil out for me! I'd of course pay the going hourly rate for such work.

Here's a link to the topic sbout IDing this mystery fossil and some pictures of the two halves of rock. While I had been talking with curator of invert paleontology over at Harvard about IDing this one, we aren't 100% sure it's a Paradoxides cephalon without the fossil being cleaned/preped, but are definitely leaning that way. Although not a complete specimen and one that will likely cost more to prep than it's worth, if it is a piece of these elusive trilobites it would be quite sentimental to me :).

Thanks for taking a look!

Best,

Barret