Want fossil IDs from jax beach

Coela Cant

I originally thought the last slide was pieces of coral but couldn’t find similar images. I think the first picture is some kind of tooth on the left and then maybe just a ray plate embedded in rock on the right. Thanks for any help!

C0260A39-2996-4E92-ABE9-D1EF4DDA020C.jpeg

D78E0788-7C40-4C7D-9128-2A8FE4BB1453.jpeg

C2B00E3F-8440-4BB9-BF14-43537C313561.jpeg

Welcome to TFF,  We are both extremely lucky .  We like fossils and we live in Florida,  me on the Gulf coast...  I found a piece of coral last month... This photo is 3.2 MB in size.. Lots of detail, We need to be able to see clearly the coralites on your finds to be able to identify them...

You can keep dbl_clicking on my photo and it will Zoom_in.

IMG_8277.thumb.JPG.a951f4c1f7856af0e92888874be0403c.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

2 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

Welcome to TFF,  We are both extremely lucky .  We like fossils and we live in Florida,  me on the Gulf coast...  I found a piece of coral last month... This photo is 3.2 MB in size.. Lots of detail, We need to be able to see clearly the coralites on your finds to be able to identify them...

You can keep dbl_clicking on my photo and it will Zoom_in.

IMG_8277.thumb.JPG.a951f4c1f7856af0e92888874be0403c.JPG

If I don’t have a dslr or higher powered camera should I avoid posting on TFF altogether? I don’t want to annoy people with lower quality images, but of the few times I have posted on here people have still been able to identify most things. Y’all are sharp!

2 hours ago, Coela Cant said:

If I don’t have a dslr or higher powered camera should I avoid posting on TFF altogether? I don’t want to annoy people with lower quality images, but of the few times I have posted on here people have still been able to identify most things. Y’all are sharp!

So,

Not necessarily.  Most fossils do not require very high resolutions to be able to identify. Look at the example of Crab claws that Al Dente just identified for you,  or the Dolphin tooth on the left of your dime is identifiable without higher resolutions...

Most fossils are not like corals...

As long as you are comfortable that some fossils require it...

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

24 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

So,

Not necessarily.  Most fossils do not require very high resolutions to be able to identify. Look at the example of Crab claws that Al Dente just identified for you,  or the Dolphin tooth on the left of your dime is identifiable without higher resolutions...

Most fossils are not like corals...

As long as you are comfortable that some fossils require it...

Yes that is perfectly reasonable! I just wanted to be sure people would not get mad at me for not posting super sharp photos. Just super excited to get involved in this forum as I recently moved to Gainesville for college where fossiling is a lot easier. I have been reading fossil ID posts on this forum for years from people like you Mr. Shellseeker!

1 hour ago, Coela Cant said:

I just wanted to be sure people would not get mad at me for not posting super sharp photos.

I think that you will like it here. We have a very friendly environment and a number of Admins who do their best to keep it that way..  Welcome aboard

• Enjoyed 1