Cinematic saber cat skull prep

Jared C

My great friend Harry Duran just produced his first YouTube video, prepping a Hoplophoneus skull found in the white river formation. One of the most spectacular prep vids I've ever seen. Figured you guys might find it as invigorating as I did :) 

Edited by Jared C
  • Enjoyed 12

“Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think” -Werner Heisenberg 

Indeed, very impressive preparation video! When I saw the run-time I was afraid that it'd claim quite a bit of time for a preparation video. However, the way this was presented is just so captivating, with the soundtrack and voice overs making it sound like a true documentary video! Voice overs were, moreover, added at exactly the right points in time to keep pulling your attention back to the video. Absolutely top notch job there!

• I Agree 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

love the voice overs.  Also, at first I couldn't figure out what that 'nail' was for tied to the media blaster hand piece but became self evident very fast.  Nice Video

RB

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Awesome job on and awesome prep, and awesome job on the vid!

Thanks, for sharing!

Cheers and Shalom,

-Micah

56 minutes ago, RJB said:

love the voice overs.  Also, at first I couldn't figure out what that 'nail' was for tied to the media blaster hand piece but became self evident very fast.  Nice Video

I think it might actually serve a double purpose: not just for loosening some still adherent rock, but also for indicating the direction of the blast more easily. But the latter may just be my limited experience with sandblasting talking ;)

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Now, THAT'S how you do a fossil prep video. Very engaging and beautiful prep work.

• I Agree 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite