Complete mosasaur skull - real?

chris131313

• New Members

Hi everyone, I’m new to this but am curious as to whether these are legit or not. I’d imagine they’d be way more expensive but I wasn’t sure if this website is legit or not, and I really do not want to get scammed if I eventually buy something like this. Does this forum have a list of credible websites/vendors? 

Edited by Kane
Removed seller listing link

You can provide images of the specimen. As per forum rules, we do not make seller recommendations.

In this section, the following is stated:

This forum is devoted to illuminating the pitfalls to be avoided when considering the purchase of fossils. 

Please do not post links to websites, nor identify or incriminate a seller in any way- Do Not Copy or screenshot advertisement verbiage or post prices. 

• I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

2 hours ago, chris131313 said:

Hi everyone, I’m new to this but am curious as to whether these are legit or not. I’d imagine they’d be way more expensive but I wasn’t sure if this website is legit or not, and I really do not want to get scammed if I eventually buy something like this. Does this forum have a list of credible websites/vendors? 

Hi, I don't know what link you posted, but in general all the 3D skulls are either very composited, very restored or both. If you want to have a genuine mosasaur skull the best is to buy one that is still in the original matrix and post it here before buying it. It may not have the "woow factor" for the general public as the 3D one but will be more authentic.

looks really better than most of the others you can see on websites and auction-houses for the moment...

• New Members

Yes those are the images thank you for including them! I'm curious about how you go about determining if they're real or not. What criteria are there to evaluate? Someone recommended I ask for a 100% money back guarantee if I bring them into a museum to assess their validity, seems like a good idea to get someone who knows their stuff to evaluate if it's real or not. Any ideas?