Stratford Hall Fossil Trip

Stingray

Well I booked a trip with Stratford Hall to do a fossil trip. If your going, be sure to PM me so we can say hello. I figured for 35 $  it was a decent deal get to explore more of the beach and I guess they have a few local people who know the geology well. The other option was 10 $ with limited beach access and no one to give me some geologic advise. If I like this one there is another in October I’ll sign up for again. Has anybody on TFF ever been to one of these events? Thanks Chris.

Hi Chris… I think you will be happy with this trip, even though the summer is usually not the best time for collecting, you are sure to find something interesting.Also, it’s it’s one of the very few legal opportunities to walk under the cliffs on the Potomac in Virginia … the geology is stunning. Which date are you signed up for? 

@cck My trip is August 5th ,but like I said if I like it I may do the October trip also. Thanks for the answer.

I’m among the volunteers that day… weather and tide look good! Pm if you want more info, but in general you should have a productive day!

@cck very cool nice , I’ll be sure to PM you the day before so you’ll be able to tell who I am thanks look forward to seeing you. :thumbsu:

Nice haul , looking forward to it. Do you sift or just spot collect ? I’ll probably bring a sifter but wondering if I should build my own with two layers of size ?

• I Agree 1

On 7/30/2023 at 3:57 PM, cck said:

Sure thing! Here’s a teaser from my last time out…

C6B8C6A1-1BE8-4271-A4D4-2D9BD0F58D7F.jpeg

Family and I just booked a trip 8/31-9/4. Going to stay in Colonial Beach, VA. Planned on visiting Stratford Hall (and Westmoreland Park). Your photo just sealed the deal for me!

Stratford Hall organizes trips through their education and outreach department. You can contact them for all the info. It’s a beautiful spot EF58ECD8-CE03-47FB-A723-38E6AC46CAE5.thumb.jpeg.3c212b5a4de1eebe2beccb57fc937a5c.jpeg