Cetacean bone fossil ?

Desrosiers1718

Found this on a beach near Santa Barbara California, hard rock, semi porous in some areas.  Was wondering if anyone recognizes the shape and what it could possibly be.   A lot of fossil whale bone has been found in the area. 
thank you.  

IMG_7325.jpeg

IMG_7326.jpeg

IMG_7327.jpeg

IMG_7329.jpeg

I think it could be a very worn piece of bone. We need more clear and up-close photos to determine the porosity. If it is bone, it’s likely too worn and fragmentary to be identified. It likely may be cetacean, but also could be something else

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Yeah this one doesn’t resemble the other pieces of bone I’ve found in the past, but thought I would post to be sure.  This is a photo of a small piece I found .  

IMG_7264.jpeg

So, you are out there next to the Pacific and over the eons,  massive number of whales could leave their bones...

So if we broke this vert up in little pieces and wore all those pieces down with wave and water erosion, might br your bone...

Whale.png.9efa10005eea2855bf5ee020ae81d005.png

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Understandable,  thanks all for your fossil knowledge.   I’m hoping to someday find a nice whale vertebrae.