Mosasaur Teeth in Oil Shale around Bakrit/Morocco

Fossilguth

• New Members

Hey there, 

It‘s my first post in this Forum, so it‘s time to say hello. My name is Philipp, born in Germany/Saxony. I grew up in the Erzgebirge and was surrounded and fascinated by mines and minerals when i grew up. On my current travel through Europe and Morocco the passion for Minerals and Fossils flamed up again. 

It’s hard for me not to think every moment about where I‘m going fossil/mineral hunting again so i don‘t annoy my girlfriend tooooo much ;) 

I’m currently in Morocco for a 3 Month trip to search for fossils and minerals. I was reading about the Mosasaur teeth in the Oil Shale Deposits near Bakrit/Timahdite and about some members visiting this area. 

I was wondering if someone can give me some locations where these teeth can be found. 

Looking forward to your answers 

Philipp

• Enjoyed 1

Hello, Philipp, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Fes, Morocco. :)

Bakrit and Timahdite are not a million miles from me, but I'm afraid that I am totally ignorant as far as fossils found in these areas are concerned.

Perhaps @jnoun11mght be of more use.

Sorry I wasn't able to help and good luck with your hunting.

Enjoy Morocco, it's a great place.

Life's Good!

Adam

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

been there , done that , lovely place , nice fossils !  I will have to look back at my trip journal , but it will be probably best if you can organise some visit with a local . If memory serves me well , you go through some pastures getting there.... 

• I found this Informative 1