Permian Barasaurus form Madagascar

Lucid_Bot

Hi, this one looks a little too good for the price. It is apparently Barasaurus Besairiei Permian and from Madagascar.  What do you thinnk? 

reptile.png

reptile1.png

reptile2.png

reptile3.png

At that price, someone is going to push the button for a Christmas present within a day or two if that long. Especially considering the other two are priced higher and lacking a decent presentation like this one plus enough watchers to trip someone's trigger finger soon. The seller says "100% genuine".

Edited by SPrice
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, SPrice said:

Congrats to somebody! It sold slightly faster than my prediction. Someone got a nice specimen at a decent price.

I bought it hehe. It looked real and decent to me.

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 2

Congrats on your new collection specimen! I think that was a no brainer of a good deal. There aren't any reptile fossils in my collection, yet, but when I make that decision I hope to find a deal like this.

When you consider a T. Rex @ $31.8 million...a much more portable dino fossil, @ 70,000 times less cost, Oh yeah, a lotta bang for the buck in this little dino!

This specimen of the same species is going for a price that adds another zero to on the end of what yours cost. In a fossil shop a couple of hours away from me.

Having both halves is a bonus but is it worth ten times more? hmmmm...

image.thumb.png.6aa68e31e96495acd63e8f039308e2c8.png

• Enjoyed 1

13 hours ago, SPrice said:

Congrats on your new collection specimen! I think that was a no brainer of a good deal. There aren't any reptile fossils in my collection, yet, but when I make that decision I hope to find a deal like this.

When you consider a T. Rex @ $31.8 million...a much more portable dino fossil, @ 70,000 times less cost, Oh yeah, a lotta bang for the buck in this little dino!

This specimen of the same species is going for a price that adds another zero to on the end of what yours cost. In a fossil shop a couple of hours away from me.

Having both halves is a bonus but is it worth ten times more? hmmmm...

Thanks. The price almost scared me off. 

The description says it's from the Permian, but is there any way to know if it's Permian or Triassic?

Here's an article that may shed some light on that.

https://cdnsciencepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1139/e03-084

It seems this protoreptile may have survived the Permian-Triassic extinction event which killed off 78% of the ammonites.

Wiki link has a little bit of info however the references at the bottom contain a bit more detailed infomation. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barasaurus

So Permian or Triassic are both correct. Pinning it down to one or the other is a blurry line, imo

• I found this Informative 1