Crustacean In Siderite Nodule

AgrilusHunter

Hi All,

This is my first post to Fossil Forum and I'm quite excited about joining your community. I'm looking for a confirmation and possible identification of a specimen recently collected as part of a survey of fossils found in coal mine tailings in southern Indiana. I think this is the posterior half of a crustacean, possibly a shrimp of some kind. Hopefully, someone here can confirm or disprove. Thanks for your consideration!

Best,

John

post-7497-0-54132100-1323589611_thumb.jpg

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Thanks Missourian, and thanks for the tentative ID. I've been told that other Acanthotelson have been collected from the same location in the past so I think you're spot on.

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

That's a real nice piece :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

beautiful! that's really awesome. im sorry i dont know the species so i can't help with the ID... however, it's great you're on board ;) looking forward to seeing you around!

FM

Thanks everyone. I'm very happy to have found this forum, the community is truly top notch; active, knowledgeable, and fun to discuss with! Vordigern, I've posted a new topic with better pictures that have actual scale bars ... sorry, novice mistake :) Hope this helps.

-- Terry Pratchett