New To Site

Gibson

• New Members

Hi all . . . .

I have been recently looking throughout the web for a site to join and believe i have found it.

I am not completely new to this field (very limited experience) and i have also worked opal mines and prospected with my father as a youngster for saphires and gold etc.which will help slightly i guess.I am interested in anything thats in the ground and love the hunt and the pleasure of finding something thats been the objective.

I have been perusing the forums and topics and have found some very good reading to be had.

I was interested in maybe going to the Mulbring quarry as i live on the central coast and after reading about the nice finds to be had out that way , i would love to check it out , funnily enough i turned off at sandy creek rd today as we went out to the boarding house dam for lunch and a walk , . . . beautiful area.

Any way i just wanted to say hi to everyone and look forward to further good reading etc.

Also if anyone can assist or point me in the right direction in the process of gaining access to the disused quarry . . . that would be great.As i understand it is on private property . . . and hopefully we can go for a day out and to have a search around and maybe get something to add to the other bits and pieces we cherish.

Anyway . . ciao for now.

Regards Gibson

Welcome to the Forum!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Welcome from Missouri.

I have been recently looking throughout the web for a site to join and believe i have found it.

Indeed. Not only is this the best forum for fossils, it is one of the best forums on the Internet.

Context is critical.

Welcome to the Forum :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome from Singapore!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!