Newbie from Tallahassee

lrenee212

• New Members

I have not been at this very long. I have only been casually looking for sharks teeth at Jacksonville Beach, and then the obsession began. I have been to Casperson, Venice beach and the sweet little Mulberry Phosphate Museum in Lakeland. I met some really cool folks from the Lee County Fossil Club there who were experienced fossil hunters.

I really don't know how to look for anything anywhere other than the beach. If I take a trip up the Wasissa or Aculia rivers near Tallahassee, where should I look?

Im also petrified of snakes, so I may need to stick to the beach. I'm obsessed with Ray plates and shiny sharks teeth, and vertebra too.

I have one book on fossils in florida and how to find them, but it's not really practical advice.

Welcome! :)

"Fossils have richer stories to tell about the lub-dub of dinosaur life than we have been willing to listen to." - Robert T. Bakker

Welcome to the Forum :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• New Members

Thank you so much. I look forward to learning from all of the experienced members on the site.

Welcome! There are a few nice Floridians on this forum that I'm sure would be happy to point a noob like yourself to a few good spots. Good luck.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Welcome to TFF !

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Florida is a great place to find fossils. You'll find them if you are diligent :). Welcome from Utah!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Welcome from Englewood, PM me on your next trip to Venice and I'll give you a couple tips :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!