elmehdiabf

• New Members

Hi everyone, 

Im from morocco and exactly the south of morocco,, for like 2 weeks ago me and my friend we were working in an very very old house in the desert near "Guelmim" city, we were trying to break down a wall inside the house in order to re arrange and renewing the house. 

Well during our work we did break down the wall but the found something was hidden inside the wall between the rocks ("the wall was made from rocks and other things that old people use to mix to build their houses". the thing we found was something covered with a piece of rag, we opened this thing and we found 7 balls protected with cotton, we believe those balls are meteorites ,,, we were searching for the name and the meaning of these mistry balls , what we found is very shocking .. i will upload the photo of what we found and some links to give you an idea about our search results. we tested the balls with a "Diamond tester" and BINGO!!! the test was positive , it contains Diamonds inside with a big amount ..

The name of the balls was "LONSDALEITE" .. yes they say its a meteorite containing lonsdaleite ,, the diamond that is harder than the regular diamond that we know.. and this worth millions of dollars .. can you believe it!! .. i can't believe this ... mean while one of the balls we found is under testing with some scientists in the lab ,, till now they told us that 95% tests are positive and it could be true , a true lonsdaleite .. we're still waiting for the final results .. 

other people found the same balls with the very same characteristics in french .. here's the link :

http://www.geoforum.fr/topic/35910-est-ce-un-diamant-lonsdaléite/

you will find some videos with diamond tester .. 

if you have any more informations about this to confirm what we found , tell us 

20171215_113643.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

These look like ceramic tumbling spheres.  

Regards,

EDIT: I have split this out into it's own post, to get more eyes on it. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• New Members

thank you fossildude19, 

i don't think so ,, these balls have special characteristics and where we found them is what makes the stroy more complicated and far from being ceramic tumbling spheres

• New Members

if its man-made, why they were hidden inside an old house ?! and why a diamond tester give positive results ? and what material that person who made it used that is so hard and know one can tell us what exactly is this material ?? 

• New Members

the balls are unbreakable ,, we tried to break one of them and we succed but we use a very very amount of weight and force ( 'the machine that we use to make hole on the ground for pumping water ,, we used that machine to crack it ") just to give you an idea about the hardness of that material ,, what it could be ? ceramic ?? i guess not

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Just for your information...'hardness' is a measurement of how difficult it is to SCRATCH a mineral...not how difficult it is to BREAK it.  Diamond (10 on the Mohs Scale) is the hardest mineral found on Earth.  NOTHING will scratch a diamond...except another diamond!  On the other hand...if you take a nice, big pure diamond and hit it with a sledgehammer, it will shatter into thousands of little pieces of diamond!

Like the others...I find it hard to imagine that your specimens are meteorites.  They don't have any of the characteristics that I've come to expect from meteorites.

Oh...by the way...what is a 'diamond tester'?  Are you talking about one of those machines that use heat or electrical conductivity patterns to distinguish real diamonds from cubic zirconia or glass?

-Joe

• I found this Informative 1

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

• New Members

this is very strange .. yes the diamond tester is that heat or electrical conductivity... you can go to the link i provided in the poste ,,they have a video while they were testing the balls with diamond tester .......this is very confusing

They look like Alumina balls, to me.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

. Lonsdaleite was first identified in 1967 from the Canyon Diablo meteorite, where it occurs as microscopic crystals associated with diamond.

It is translucent, brownish-yellow.

The property of lonsdaleite as a discrete material has been questioned, since specimens under crystallographic inspection showed not a bulk hexagonal lattice, but instead cubic diamond dominated by structural defects that include hexagonal sequences.  A quantitative analysis of the X-ray diffraction data of lonsdaleite has shown that about equal amounts of hexagonal and cubic stacking sequences are present. Consequently, it has been suggested that "stacking disordered diamond" is the most accurate structural description of lonsdaleite. On the other hand, recent shock experiments with in situ X-ray diffraction show strong evidence for creation of relatively pure lonsdaleite in dynamic high-pressure environments such as meteor impacts.

From wikipedia.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

• 1 month later...

All the lonsdaleitethey found at Tunguska were tiny fragments. At least that's what they showed in National Geographic and it didn't look any thing like that.