Mockrabbit

• New Members

G'day!

I have used the information posted on this site to help me with some fossil hunting on Vancouver Island in Comox valley, Canada. Thought it was time to join the community, there is a lot of information here that has been very helpful. Hoping to learn more, and contribute when I can.

Anyway, I am in Regina Saskatchewan, Canada. I haven't found much for fossils in Saskatchewan, my info for hunting here in Sask is poor. I do have a limestone bivalve imprint found in Swift Current Saskatchewan, in the Swift Current Creek, and a good sized ammolite shell, well 3/4 of one, from a pasture south of Gull Lake Saskatchewan. The majority of my collection is from the Comox valley (beautiful area).

Edited by Mockrabbit

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome from Illinois.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Welcome to the forum! Im not sure what information you have available in Saskatchewan Canada, as I am a lot farther south ;), but here in the states we have geological survey maps that are helpful in finding possible fossil hunting locations. They can tell you what age the rock is in a particular area (among other things). Very helpful in knowing if it might even have fossils and then what kind to look for. I did a quick internet search and it looks like you may have them. Though I admit I didn’t dig very deep so not sure what info is provided.

You could also try contacting the Geological/Paleontological departments of a local university, or someone here may know more about the area and be able to help.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Welcome to TFF ! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

• New Members

Well, thanks for the welcome, and the information Kane.

As of right now I am in the process of filling out a permit for collecting fossils here in Saskatchewan, so hopefully that goes well, and I'll start contributing more soon.