New member from Fort Worth, TX

Jbro

• New Members

Hello everyone!

I am a brand new member and I find myself here mainly (though not completely) because I moved to Fort Worth, TX a couple years ago and I keep finding fossils in my yard.  My curiosity, which usually starts with me picking up a rock and saying to myself "What on Earth is this?" finally drove me to the internet to find some answers.  I identified (sort of) a couple of things but others not so much.

Anyway, I stumbled upon his form, decided to join, and am genuinely enthusiastic about it!  I have always been fascinated by fossils...and now it looks like I'll be able to learn a few things as this appears to be a very well organized group.

Thank you for allowing me to join!  

Welcome to the Forum from Austin, Tx. 

You might be interested in checking out this site: http://northtexasfossils.com/  if you haven't already.  It is a site by one of TFF members, Lance Hall, and is a great reference for your area. 

Another great resource you'll want to check out is the Dallas Paleo Society, a great group of knowledgeable folks. 

And, of course, finding this site puts you into a wonderful resource of knowledgeable and helpful folk as well. 

So that should set you up to pursue the hobby as far as your interest may take you.  Enjoy!

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• New Members

Thanks grandpa!

It's funny you say that because this morning, when I decided once and for all to figure out this stuff, the first site I came across was Lance's site.  I sent him an email and a pic asking him about a particular fossil.  

Then I found this site and joined; BUT I also went back to Lance's site to look through the pics and found an exact match for the fossil I had!  

I don't know who Lance is but he's definitely serious about this stuff.   Impressive.  My goodness...this whole group is impressive.  Very professional.  I like it.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Lance, but I have very much enjoyed his contributions to our hobby.

I think you'll fit right in with this group.  Your openness and enthusiasm will be a good match.

• New Members
44 minutes ago, grandpa said:

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Lance, but I have very much enjoyed his contributions to our hobby.

I think you'll fit right in with this group.  Your openness and enthusiasm will be a good match.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome from Kentucky! :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

• New Members
1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

Welcome to the forum from Maryland!

Thanks!  Appreciate it!

Welcome from Illinois.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!