Google image search is unhelpful.

Pbassham

I’m so sorry to bother anyone but Google Image search has sent me down days of rabbit holes. This rock is slightly magnetic (the magnet acts funny but it doesn’t stick). When rubbed against paper it rips it or imprints it but doesn’t leave residue at all (Even when wet) . Google keeps showing me meteorites but I’m not the type that thinks everything I have is a Native American tool or valuable crystal.  All I did to clean it was spay it with a water bottle.  With all the rain lots of stuff has came up to the top and this was found in that same grid square of 1foot x 1foot as the other weird things like sharpened points and in the foot sized square beside it was a couple of almost finished arrowheads. I live on the border of Lauderdale and Limestone counties in North Alabama. Please help or in a thousand years someone might find my laptop and phone with google stinks scratched into the screen.

image.jpg

It does scratch but when you do it looks shiny and like copper. Not sure that showed in this picture

image.jpg

Looks like Limonite to me.

Try your streak test on an unglazed porcelain tile/ or back of toilet tank lid. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I’ll head in and try. Ok it scratched it pretty well but one wipe of the finger and looks normal again

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Google image search is unhelpful.
47 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Looks like Limonite to me.

Try your streak test on an unglazed porcelain tile/ or back of toilet tank lid. 

Thank you so very much. It was the last picture I found but it was there. The first few threw me for a loop but the small one are identical.

D190FCD2-2364-4772-AD13-5DEF42B120FD.jpeg

I got It after I posted the comments, I figured as long as I was able to figure it out (with help) I didn’t have to go back and say my bad lol. Trust me, many more errors will be coming.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:16 PM, Pbassham said:

I got It after I posted the comments, I figured as long as I was able to figure it out (with help) I didn’t have to go back and say my bad lol. Trust me, many more errors will be coming.

Looking forward to yours if you don't mind mine. :D

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!