MichealLaurienti

Greetings, I am an amateur fossil collector and rock hound and I don’t know too much about fossil species or how to identify them... My dad recently gave me some of his shark teeth he found in the 90s at his coworkers ranch. He never bothered to identify them so I’m hoping to get some help with that, thank you! He showed me the area on a map and told me about the rock types and I’ve come to the conclusion that they were found somewhere in between the Carlisle shale and the Niobrara Formation, though I could be mistaken. The area he found them at is southeast of Colorado Springs on private land. I will post pictures below, help of any kind is appreciated!

I guess i can’t post any more pictures on this topic so we’ll leave it at that one, my guess is maybe a mega tooth shark?

1 hour ago, MichealLaurienti said:

I guess i can’t post any more pictures on this topic so we’ll leave it at that one, my guess is maybe a mega tooth shark?

You need to reload the page before posting more

Thank you! He also gave me a couple slabs of fossil rich sediment with curious looking teeth embedded in 

image.jpg