Brachiopods from Germany ID

nala

it's my 4 days of quarantine and i thought it was time to put a label on few unknow brachiopods bags:)

I received these in two bags as a gift with a very strange label inside ,it could be a mix from various sites,i try to  make few "Familly"of species,there was also three othe fossils inside a bag.perhaps somebody could help?

IMG_6978.JPG

IMG_6979.JPG

IMG_6985.JPG

Seems to be a collection of Mesozoic brachiopods of several different species, but as the Mesozoic is dominated by the two orders you have here, the Rhynchonellida and the Terebratulida, we have a greater problem with id than even the usual, as without a pretty good idea of provenance, it's really extremely difficult, if not impossible, to provide a more accurate name. 

You might get lucky with the first ones, as the preservation is rather unusual, a pale shell material and a darker brown internal mold, someone more local may recognize them. 

The more elongated ones are indeed Oblongarcula oblonga, the new name for what was known as  Terebratella oblonga. Nice. :)

The next one down could possibly be a species of Cretirhynchia, but I'm really starting to guess at this point. 

The sort of reddish ones could be a species of the genus Terebratula itself, but without a locality or a look at the internal loop lophophore supports it's impossible to know. Likewise, the others could be a number of things. 

Your last photo seems to show an echinoid spine, a little echinoid and the tooth of something, but no idea what kinds.  

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png